Strategy & Policy Design
The strategy and policy design service develops strategic or policy direction and charts the course towards that direction. A sharp sense of who you are and where you are heading is a powerful tool to give focus and align effort for increased effectiveness.
How ThinkPlace can help
Whether it is a strategy or policy spanning countries, a nation, multiple stakeholders, an organisation or an area within an organisation, ThinkPlace will work collaboratively with you and your stakeholders to:
- Current state – Assess the current state. Determine the drivers for change and the need for the strategy or policy.
- Research – Conduct strategic qualitative and quantitative research to understand the system of interest. Sound strategy and policy is based on robust research, knowing where to target and focus intervention.
- Risk – Assess strategic risk. A rigorous risk assessment works identifies the likelihood and consequence of uncertainty. From this, flows a view of risk and opportunity.
- Futuring – Synthesise strategic intelligence of megatrends. Draw from multiple sources to identity the megatrends facing your area of interest and how these can present opportunity to shape the future.
- Scenario planning – Expand thinking by imagining critical uncertainties and predetermined elements in a system. Imagine how different emergent properties of the system might play out, what this could mean for your area of interest, and use the scenarios as a tool to test policy and strategy.
- Direction – Determine strategic direction. Uncover the vision, mission, purpose and direction for the strategy.
- Identity – Define strategic identity. Define the niche, values and driving force of an organisation or area to galvanise people towards a strong shared identity.
- Outcomes – Define strategy or policy outcomes. What is the desired future state you are seeking to bring about?
- Theory of change – Develop theory of change to describe where you might intervene, and to guide constant readjustment during the life of the strategy or policy to ensure you remain strategically relevant.
- Objectives – Develop objectives and goals based on the theory of change.
- Interventions – Develop policy interventions or strategies and tactics that will make progress towards the desired future.
- Legislation and programs – Shape legislation and programs that will guide the desired future.
- Evaluation – Develop evaluation frameworks, measurement indicators, data sources and governance to ensure that progress can be monitored and evaluated to inform recalibration of effort.